Texas COVID-19 vaccine rollout distribution, simply explained. Follow our links to the Texas Department of State Health Services for the full, up-to-date story!
As of May 12, 2021, Texas is vaccinating everyone age 12 and older
All vaccines are authorized for people 18 years old and older, and the Pfizer vaccine is authorized for people 12 years old and older.
For more complete information, see Texas Department of State Health Services
Texas COVID-19 vaccine in a nutshell
1. Safety is a top priority
2. The vaccines are highly effective. You’ll likely need two doses for full protection.
3. You cannot get COVID-19 from the vaccine.
4. Texas is already distributing vaccine and will continue as more becomes available.
5. CDC recommends a third dose of mRNA vaccine for moderately to severely immunocompromised.
Large Vaccination Hub List
Beginning in January, Texas established large vaccination sites or hubs around the state. Check the COVID‑19 Vaccination Hub Providers page to find a hub near you and learn how to register.
Do you know someone who is eligible for a vaccine but doesn’t have internet access? Please let them know they can call (833) 832-7067 for referral to a local vaccine provider.
Retail Pharmacies List
Check your local pharmacy’s website to see if vaccine appointments are available. To find out which pharmacies are participating in the program, visit CDC’s Federal Retail Pharmacy Program website.
Texas Public Health Vaccine Scheduler
The new Texas Vaccine Scheduler helps Texans get scheduled for a COVID-19 vaccine at clinics hosted by participating Texas public health entities.
Register online at GetTheVaccine.dshs.texas.gov. You will be notified by email or text when and where to get the vaccine. If there’s not an available clinic near you, they will direct you to other places to get your vaccine.
Call (833) 832-7067 if you don’t have internet or need help signing up. Call center support is available 7am-7pm, 7 days a week.
Spanish language and other translators are available to help callers.
Tips for Your Vaccine Search
- Vaccine supply and distribution are expanding, but not all local providers have vaccine each week and hubs may have waiting lists.
- Do not show up at a hub or provider looking for a vaccine.
- Better: check the provider’s website. Call only if the website doesn’t answer your questions!
Think you’ve missed your vaccine window?
- 12 May, 2021: Everyone 12 years old and older
- 29 March, 2021: Everyone 16 years old and older
- 15 March, 2021: Phase 1C (people 50 to 64 years of age)
- 3 March, 2021: Schools and licensed child care personnel
- 29 December, 2020: Phase 1B (people 65+ or people 16+ with a health condition that increases risk of severe COVID‑19 illness)
- 14 December, 2020: Phase 1A (front-line healthcare workers and residents at long-term care facilities)
Vedas is 10 minutes from I-45 (Houston’s North Freeway) and a step off The Woodlands Parkway at 8000 McBeth Way, Suite 190. We hope to see you soon!