What is Skin Resurfacing?
Smoothing out the texture or color of your skin may be done with skin resurfacing, or removing an outer layer of skin or epidermis to stimulate the growth of new collagen fibers and form new, smoother, and firmer skin. A laser peel can reduce facial wrinkles, scars, and blemishes with extreme precision.
The benefits of Skin Resurfacing
Resurfacing can rejuvenate your look and clarify skin that has developed scars or rough areas or discolored patches.
Call for your complimentary consultation appointment to explore your options and anti-aging possibilities, and to find out if Skin Resurfacing is appropriate for you.
What choices do I have?
- Acne is a skin condition that causes pimples or “zits.” This includes whiteheads, blackheads, and red, inflamed patches of skin (such as cysts).
- Acne occurs when pores—tiny openings on the surface of the skin—become clogged.
- Acne is most common in teenagers, but anyone can get acne, even babies. Hormonal changes may cause the skin to be more oily. Acne tends to run in families.
- Treatments for acne are based on individual needs and will be determined during your consultation with Chaitali Nangrani, MD.
MicroNeedling Collagen Induction Therapy (CIT)
- CosmoPen microneedling can be considered as an alternative to fractional laser, IPL, and chemical peels.
- Offers the same results as a fractional laser without pain, downtime, expense, and thermal damage.
- Some improvement may be seen immediately, and more significant results will start occurring after two to three treatments spaced one to two weeks apart.
- Collagen production takes place over time, and skin will continue to improve over the next six to twelve months with proper skin care regimen.
Skin Tag & Mole Removal
- Moles and skin tags are usually types of benign tumors.
- The cells that grow in a cluster in a mole are melanocytes that make the pigment in skin.
- Skin tags and moles are not dangerous, but can be removed for aesthetic or cosmetic reasons by Dr. Nangrani
- When a mole bleeds, oozes, itches, or becomes painful, have it checked by Dr. Nangrani to be sure it is not cancerous.
- Venus Viva is the next generation in facial remodeling and skin resurfacing! Combining NanoFractional Radio Frequency™ and SmartScan™ technology, Venus Viva effectively treats textural irregularities, scarring, wrinkles, and stretch marks.
- Reduce signs of aging for a fresher, more youthful look.
- Reduce acne scars for a cleaner and healthier complexion.
- Smooth necklace lines to reduce the signs of aging.
Top left: Bellafill.com; top right: Cosmopen.com; bottom left: stock photo; bottom right: Venusconcept.com