Our far-infrared sauna heats only your body, not the air. Your core muscles, front and back, absorb the infrared light and react to it.
All saunas cause reactions like those of moderate exercise. But if you can’t tolerate a conventional sauna’s heat, try an infrared sauna. It works at lower temperatures than a conventional sauna. A word of caution against using the sauna for sunburn. Treatment that further heats the skin further damages sunburned skin.
The sauna’s infrared heat raises your core body temperature. At the same time, it stimulates your lymphatic, immune, and cardiovascular systems. Also, the water in your body resonates with far-infrared heat, helping with detoxification. As a result, your body responds with vigorous sweating and cleansed and brighter skin. Who doesn’t love that?
Benefits of a far-infrared sauna treatment
- A sauna session burns as much as 600 calories in 30 minutes, once you are heat-conditioned.
- Promotes mercury detoxification.
- An infrared sauna strengthens your cardiovascular system. Your heart rate, cardiac output, and metabolic rate increase. Sauna helps dilate your blood vessels and boost blood circulation. At the same time, your diastolic blood pressure drops.
- The heat stimulates energy in your cells and strengthens your immune system by increasing white blood cell production.
- The increase in blood circulation and oxygen helps reduce muscle spasms, joint and muscle stiffness, soreness, and pain, and improves the range of motion of affected joints.
- Sauna reduces your stress and fatigue by lowering your level of cortisol, the body’s stress hormone.
- For men: sauna reduces prostate swelling
- For women: sauna helps control excessive vaginal discharge from PMS and yeast
Call now to book individual sauna treatments. Better yet, take advantage of lower, package pricing for six or eight sessions in the far-infrared sauna.
Where are we located?
You are our top priority at Vedas. Our North Houston office in The Woodlands, Texas, is minutes from I-45 (Houston’s North Freeway).
Call for your free consultation for personalized information. Plus, online consultations are available! Come get acquainted with Dr. Nangrani, our board-certified Medical Director. She has practiced for over 15 years and is a true artist. Please call our office to schedule your consultation at (281) 298-5476. We look forward to seeing you soon!