Your liver is amazing! If it gets damaged, it can regrow healthy cells, but it takes time. If you continue to use harmful drugs and alcohol, or if you eat poorly, you can scar your liver. As a result, it can slow down healing, or your liver may not heal at all. If liver damage results in cirrhosis, the damage is not reversible. As a result, even a liver cleanse won’t heal it. Better to help your liver to stay healthy.
Your liver performs more than 500 different functions. It detoxifies and neutralizes toxins. So what can you do to improve your health and support your healthy liver function?
Ingredients for your health
Core Restore BT includes Milk Thistle and Turmeric in supplement form. These are helpful for a healthy liver. You can use them in addition to focusing on a healthy lifestyle and good foods.
Milk Thistle and Turmeric
Milk Thistle or silymarin is a plant related to daisies and ragweed. For years, people have used it to treat the liver for cirrhosis, jaundice, and hepatitis.
It may not treat diseases caused by alcohol abuse, autoimmune disease, or viruses. But it may prevent their damaging effects. Silymarin has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory power and increases cell vitality.
Milk thistle targets oxidative stress and liver fat accumulation. As a result, it slows the non-alcoholic fatty liver disease. More information
Ayurveda and folk medicine use Turmeric, a golden spice from the plant Curcuma longa. Modern science supports turmeric treatments. They include gynecological and gastric problems, liver and blood disorders, and infectious diseases. Also, turmeric has the potential as an anticancer agent. More information
Protect against liver disease
Focus on lifestyle changes. Don’t leave it all up to a liver cleanse!
- Limit alcohol intake
- Vaccinate against hepatitis
- Choose your medications carefully
- Be wary of needles
- Use condoms
- Handle chemicals safely
- Maintain a healthy weight
Healthline‘s best foods for a healthy liver
- Coffee increases antioxidant levels and decreases inflammation, especially chronic inflammation.
- Real Tea, black, green, and white, are all made from Camellia sinensis. Tea may help improve enzyme and fat levels in the liver. But be cautious about using herbal teas, which don’t always give these benefits.
- Grapefruit antioxidants help reduce inflammation. But grapefruit juice inhibits a chemical in the intestine needed to break down many drugs in the body. So, check with your doctor if you are taking statins for high cholesterol.
- Blueberries and cranberries are high in antioxidants. So, they may help improve your liver’s immune and antioxidant responses.
- Grapes and grape seed extract protect by increasing antioxidant levels and fighting inflammation. If you have a bleeding disorder or high blood pressure, check first with your doctor before using grape seed extract.
- Prickly-pear may help hangovers by reducing inflammation. It’s a traditional medicine for liver disease, ulcers, wounds, and fatigue.
- Beetroot juice protects from oxidative damage and inflammation. At the same time, it increases the liver’s natural detoxification enzymes.
- Cabbage family vegetables may improve blood levels of liver enzymes. These vegetables include Brussels sprouts, broccoli, and mustard greens. In addition, they encourage better health for your gut biome.
- Nuts, especially walnuts, are high in fats, antioxidant vitamin E, and they improve liver enzyme levels.
- Fatty fish contains healthy omega-3 fatty acids. These help reduce inflammation and lower liver fat and triglycerides. So fatty fish is especially helpful for those with nonalcoholic fatty liver disease.
- Olive oil helps decrease levels of fat in the liver. It also increases blood flow and improves liver enzyme levels.
In a nutshell…
- Lower your risk of liver disease and cancer
- Raise your antioxidant and detoxification enzyme levels
- Protect against harmful toxins
Vedas is minutes from I-45 (Houston’s North Freeway) in The Woodlands. Call for a free consultation with Dr. Nangrani and our Spa Director. Together, you will discuss your expectations and design your liver cleanse treatment plan. Book your consult at 281-298-5476.