Incisionless Mini Facelift The Woodlands
This innovative facelift is performed using hypodermic needles preloaded with an absorbable suture. An Incisionless Mini Facelift The Woodlands is a “lunchtime facelift,” requiring no cutting and leaving no visible scars as it heals.
PDO Surgical Sutures are absorbable
- A synthetic absorbable surgical suture composed of polydioxanone, PDO sutures are used to perform cardiothoracic surgery, such as open-heart surgery. PDO is one of the safest materials to be implanted in the body.
- Your skin fully absorbs it within four to six months and wonât leave you with any scar tissue.
1. Preloaded Needle is inserted into the skin
2. PDO thread stays beneath the skin when removing the needle
How does it work?
1. Controlled Healing
- In medical terms, “Selective Inflammatory Response” is the principle behind a lot of aesthetic procedures (such as Fractional Laser, Chemical Peels & MicroNeedling). Our skin is very good at repairing itself, and by inserting PDO threads we make it ’heal’ itself by creating new collagen, naturally!
- Your skin gently reacts to the inserted threads. Yes, PDO is fully absorbable, but that doesn’t mean your skin won‘t react to it. During the 4 to 6 months needed to fully absorb the PDO suture, your skin is also repairing itself around it.
- It’s “controlled healing” happening underneath the skin!
2. Mesh or Lift:
There are two types of procedures with PDO Threads:
- The first one (using smooth threads) consists of creating a mesh under the skin (i.e. two sutures inserted vertically and three sutures horizontally). Sort of like a #hashtag, or a net. This mesh will serve as the foundation for our new collagen production. This technique tightens the skin naturally from within. Results appear naturally, without any drastic change!
- The other technique (using barbed threads) is utilized to produce a more dramatic and immediate resuIt. The PDO sutures have barbs that provide a grip underneath the skin. Sutures are inserted the same way, except they can be pulled in 1 or 2 directions, creating an instant skin repositioning. Just like with the smooth threads, the skin will then build new collagen that will secure the lift!
Best Procedure for Neck & Jawline
Although PDO Threads can be inserted almost anywhere, one area where they are especially effective is the neck and jawline. The lower third of the face is challenging to treat effectively with botulinum toxin or injectable fillers, which are most effective in the upper and middle third of the face, respectively.
Restoring the V-Shape
A beautiful and healthy face has a “V-shape.” With the aging of tissues and the action of gravity, this “V-shape” diminishes or inverts.
The idea behind the Nu-Mesh and the Nu-Lift technique is to either create a scaffolding in order to support the tissues and keep them in the “V-shape” or, where necessary, to delicately lift the tissues and reposition the skin to recreate the “V-shape” where it’s been lost.
Sagging neck, 6 ½ weeks later (1)
Midface & lower ⅓ lift, immediate results (2)
Midface & Lower ⅓, immediate results (2)
(1) Courtesy of Dr. Ross Allen Glosmonn
(2) Courtesy of Dr. Kian Karimi
“No pain & no discomfort whatsoever. I can see an improvement right away, it was instant gratification & I’m very pleased with the results.”
“I felt very confident & very comfortable. Completely painless.”
”Minimally painful & went by quicker than I thought. I like that I can instantly go in & I can see the results. I don‘t have to wait for things to happen in the course of time.”
Our clients are our top priority here at Vedas, located in The Woodlands, Texas. Our North Houston office is conveniently located only 10 minutes from I45 and a step off The Woodlands Parkway. We offer a complimentary consultation to our clients for personalized information on the Incisionless Mini Facelift and to get acquainted with our board-certified Medical Director, Dr. Nangrani, who has practiced for over 15 years. Please call our office to schedule your consultation.
*Results may vary