Your gastrointestinal tract includes the esophagus, stomach, small intestine, and large intestine, and your digestive organs include your liver, bile ducts, and gall bladder. Functional disorders are the most common problems affecting the GI tract (including the colon and rectum). The GI tract might look normal even when it doesn’t work properly. Constipation and irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) are two common examples.
Ailments of the gastrointestinal (GI) tract affect food digestion and absorption. When you suffer from one or more of the following conditions, come in to Vedas for gastrointestinal testing to pinpoint the cause and determine the appropriate treatment:
- Acid Reflux, Heartburn, GERD (Gastroesophageal reflux disease)
- Lump in Throat
- Nausea and Vomiting.
- Peptic Ulcer Disease.
- Chronic and Recurrent Abdominal Pain
- Belching, Bloating, Flatulence.
- Biliary Tract Disorders, Gallbladder Disorders and Gallstone Pancreatitis.
- Gallstone Pancreatitis.
Diagnosis of your GI ailments is critical to effective treatment and prevention of complications. Be sure to describe them to the doctor.
Tests can include the following:
- Clinical examination
- Blood test
- Stool analysis
- Renal function test
- Endoscopy and colonoscopy
- Abdominal ultrasound
- CT scan and MRI
- Barium X-ray
- Manometry to measure muscle pressure and movement
- pH monitoring to measure stomach acid in the esophagus to diagnose GERD
- Breath test to measure hydrogen in the breath
- Urea breath test to diagnose peptic ulcer by looking for the presence of Helicobacter pylori bacteria in the stomach
- Transient elastography to record the elastic properties of the liver
How can I heal my digestive system?
Even if you have never suffered from GI ailments, you can heal your digestive system following these tips:
- Chew your food
- Eat real foods
- Eat fermented and cultured foods
- Support your liver with carrots, beetroot and leafy greens
- Stay hydrated
- Manage your stress with gentle activities like meditation, breathing, yoga, and walking
- Support your body with Glutamine (a conditionally essential amino acid found in meat, fish, eggs, dairy products, beets, beans, spinach,
- parsley, and fresh vegetable juices)
- Take probiotics (good bacteria that improve gut health)
- Listen to your body so you can recognize health and symptoms of illness
Gastrointestinal health is essential to life
When you can’t digest food, and when your body can’t absorb the nutrients it needs from your food, your whole system can be compromised. Call now if you are suffering from gastrointestinal symptoms. We’ll help you get your GI health back!
You, our client, are our top priority here at Vedas. Located in The Woodlands, Texas, our North Houston office is conveniently located only 10 minutes from I45 and a step off The Woodlands Parkway. We offer you a free consultation for personalized information on acne scars The Woodlands. Come get acquainted with Dr. Nangrani, our board-certified Medical Director. She has practiced for over 15 years. Please call our office to schedule your consultation (281) 298-5476