Cellulite is a structural problem beneath the skin. Your skin can’t hide it. Orange peel skin may show more and more. As you age, your skin makes less and less collagen, the protein that contributes to your skin’s natural thickness. At the same time, connective tissue bands under the skin stiffen and make pocks and dimples on the surface. The fat cells those bands surround become larger and push up. Without the connective bands, no cellulite. Without the fat, no cellulite. So, reducing cellulite will depend on snipping some of those constrictive bands and reducing some of those fat cells.
Where does it come from?
Babies are not always born with cellulite! They have lots of collagen beneath their skin, and even chubby ones may not have problematic tissue bands pulling down their skin over fat cells. But babies also have not begun moving around a lot, exercising their bodies. The fat may provide an energy source for the baby as he adjusts to life outside the womb. And a baby’s chubby cheeks are large, partially to help the baby feed by supporting swallowing and sucking. So some fat on baby gives her a good start in life.
When you are an adult, you may see cellulite develop as those connective bands stiffen with age, especially when you have had a dramatic weight change. Other factors include genetics and hormones. Hormones are the chemical substances that travel in your bloodstream to tissues or organs. They affect many different processes, including growth and development and metabolism, or how your body gets energy from the foods you eat.
Can I massage cellulite away?
Because you are concerned with changing a structure, massaging and using topical creams will feel good but won’t affect the cellulite. Your orange peel skin will remain. No treatment that does not change those tissue bands or remove the fat cells can work to reduce your cellulite.
Venus Freeze and Cellulaze are two treatments for reducing cellulite.
Non-invasive Venus Freeze treatment for cellulite
Venus Freeze uses radio frequency (RF) energy to heat your tissue and stimulate collagen and elastin production under your skin to tighten your skin. RF treatment can also kill fat cells, reducing the fat layer in the treated area when cooling is controlled. Venus Freeze tightens lax skin and improves cellulite by reducing the fat pressing out between fibrous bands. Your body’s system gets rid of the fat naturally.
Skin tightening, wrinkle reduction, and cellulite reduction occur due to the multi-polar radio frequency. The thermal reaction in your tissues stimulates your body’s natural healing response and causes new collagen to form and new elastin fibers to be produced. As a result, active collagen in the skin contracts, causing the skin to look and feel firmer. The elastin fibers unravel, making the skin appear more elastic.
Just as cellulite can appear in many parts of your body, Venus Freeze can treat many parts of your body.
Cellulaze helps release cellulite’s tissue bands
Cellulaze® from Cynosure, a laser-assisted procedure, treats and ‘snips’ those fibrous bands. Because it is minimally invasive, it also liquefies some of the fat, which can then be pressed out.
A qualified physician performs Cellulaze from Cynosure, a minimally invasive, laser-assisted procedure. Cellulaze, clinically proven to increase your skin’s natural thickness and elasticity, gives you a smoother, healthier look that lasts.
Aging, hormones, genetics, and dramatic weight changes can cause connective tissue bands under the skin to stiffen. The fat cells they surround become larger, and push up into the skin, creating a dimple effect. While other anti-cellulite treatments may focus on cellulite superficially, applying treatment above the skin, only Cellulaze treats the fibrous bands beneath the skin.
- The medical assistant will apply local anesthesia or numbing solution (you’ll be awake during the procedure)
- Your physician marks the areas of cellulite that she will treat
- Following her marks, she will make a couple of tiny incisions, about the size of the tip of a pen
- She threads the Cellulaze laser fiber through a very small cannula and inserts it through the incision site
- Your physician will use the SideLaze3D™ Cellulaze laser fiber to:
- Level out bumps of fat
- Treat dimples by releasing the fibrous bands that pull down on the skin
- Stimulate collagen production to increase your skin’s depth and elasticity for a smoother look
- Then she will gently press out the liquefied fat
- The entire procedure should take about 1–1.5 hours
Here’s what to expect after your cellulite reduction procedure
- You’ll have some bruising and discomfort, and small amounts of fluid may leak from the incision sites. Your physician may ask you to wear a compression garment
- As a result, you’ll be able to go back to your normal activities after a day or two and resume more strenuous exercise after one to two weeks
- Your results will continue to improve for the next three to twelve months…less and less orange peel skin
Say hello to QWO® (collagenase clostridium histolyticum-aaes.) QWO is the first and only FDA-approved injectable for moderate to severe cellulite in the buttocks of adult women. Here’s why we love QWO:
- Injections take 10 minutes or less*
- In clinical trials, women required no post-treatment downtime*
- So visible results may be achieved in 10 weeks*
Contact Vedas Medical Spa for more information and to determine if this type of treatment fits your anti-aging expectations. We have Saturday appointments available and offer complimentary consultations with our in-house doctor. Let us address all your questions and book you a consultation. So call us today!
Call 281-298-5476 to book your free consultation with Dr. Nangrani and our Spa Director. Together, you will discuss your expectations and design your treatment plan. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Vedas is minutes from I-45 (Houston’s North Freeway) in The Woodlands.
Lower image: QWO.com