Chemical Peels The Woodlands
When you look at your face, do you see age spots, aging skin, or darker areas? The best way to improve them is with chemical peels The Woodlands. A chemical peel actually peels the outer layer of your skin, therefore improving and smoothing new, tender skin without discolorations. Skin will be temporarily more sensitive to the sun. For more information, see our blog post, “Chemical Peels, More Than Aesthetic Treatments.”
A chemical peel causes controlled injury to the outer layer of skin. Natural healing processes then make new tissue as the dead skin peels off. Chemical Peels The Woodlands gives you a wide variety of chem peels to choose from.
Types of chemical peels
Alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs) are the mildest of peels, used to treat fine wrinkles, areas of dryness, uneven pigmentation, and acne. The usual fruit acids used in AHAs are citric acid, glycolic acid, lactic acid, malic acid, and tartaric acid. AHA peels may cause stinging, skin redness, mild skin irritation, and dryness. Sometimes referred to as “home peels,” AHA peels can have higher pH levels and lower percentages of hydroxy acids.
Beta hydroxy acid peels (BHAs) are oil soluble, and can control oily excretions and acne. BHAs remove dead skin cells better than AHAs. Salicylic acid is a beta hydroxy acid that is antibacterial and anti-inflammatory, so it works well for acne. It also can reduce the spots and bumps associated with acne.
Jessner’s peel solution combines salicylic acid, lactic acid, and resorcinol. Jessner’s mild percentages of acid is gentler and does not penetrate as deeply as other chemical peels.
Retinoic acid peel contains a chemical compound related to vitamin A that regulates skin cell growth. This deeper peel than a BHA peel is used to remove scars, wrinkles, and pigmentation problems. It is usually performed right after a Jessner peel that has opened up the skin for the retinoic acid to penetrate deeper. The retinoic acid solution remains on your face, and peeling takes place on the third day.
Chemical Peels The Woodlands at Vedas focuses on SkinMedica Peels.
SkinMedica Illuminize Peel
Helps provide vibrant, radiant-looking skin with minimal downtime. Appropriate for mild skin imperfections from skin aging and sun exposure, fine lines and wrinkles, uneven skin tone and texture. The Illuminize Peel brightens the overall appearance of skin, and leaves you with a more uniform complexion and radiant-looking skin after only one peel!
Illuminize peeling solution contains
- Malic acid — An extremely tart fruit acid.
- Mandelic acid — An antibacterial AHA derived from bitter almond.
- Phytic acid — Important in regulating vital cellular functions, has anti-cancer qualities.
- Panthenol (Vitamin B-5) — Helps repair tissue.
- Quillaja saponaria bark extract — A natural, foaming surfactant. Saponins act as a “natural antibiotic” for fungal infections and to combat microbes and viruses.
- Resorcinol — Removes skin’s surface layer and is used particularly in cases of acne.
- Salicylic Acid (Beta-Hydroxy acid) — A surface skin exfoliant. Reduces oily or fatty follicle blockage. It is antimicrobial, excellent for treating acne.
Typically, you will experience no downtime and no visible peeling.
The Illuminize Peel is appropriate for all skin types, so you can receive an Illuminize Peel every two weeks until your desired results are achieved. Results are cumulative. You get optimal benefits with a series of three or more peels.
SkinMedica Vitalize Peel
Consider Vitalize Peel if you have slight to medium sun-damaged skin, fine lines and wrinkles, coloring abnormalities, superficial scarring, and acne. This peel can improve melasma discoloration.
- Lactic Acid (Alpha-Hydroxy acid) — Used to treat light damage, discolored areas, reduction of fine lines and superficial wrinkles, a lightening of surface coloring. Creates softer, supple skin with improved hydration.
- Retinoic Acid — Obtained separately by your doctor. Speeds up cell turnover, aids in skin peeling, helps with sun damage and discoloration.
- Salicylic Acid
Smooths the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and roughness, with noticeable improvement after just one peel and compelling results after three to six peels. Vitalize Peel is appropriate for mild to moderate skin imperfections from skin aging and sun exposure. This peel can also address skin unevenness from acne scarring or other pigmentary changes.
Typically, you will experience mild to moderate peeling about two-to-three days after the procedure, lasting about three to five days.
Vitalize Peel is appropriate for all skin types.
SkinMedica Rejuvenize Peel
Smooths the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and roughness, with noticeable improvement after just one peel and compelling results after three to six peels. Rejuvenize Peel is appropriate for moderate to severe skin imperfections from skin aging and sun exposure. This Peel improves skin unevenness from acne scarring or pigmentary changes.
You will have moderate peeling that starts about two-to-three days after the procedure, lasting up to five days.
If you have deeply pigmented skin color, get Vitalize Peel first. After you decide you can tolerate Vitalize Peel, you can receive Rejuvenize Peel. Rejuvenize Peel can be repeated every 4-6 weeks.
Rejuvenize Peel contains
- Salicylic acid
- Mandelic acid
- Malic acid
- Phytic acid
- Quillaja saponaria bark extract.
The VI Peel is suitable for all skin types. This peel provides dramatic results with virtually no pain, no skin preparation, and little downtime! Enjoy radiant, younger-looking skin in about a week. Chemical peels The Woodlands is happy to offer this choice!
The VI Peel is ideal for
- Treating discolored areas of skin
- Reversing sun damage and signs of aging
- Improving skin tone and texture
- Clearing acne and reducing acne scars
- Promoting collagen and elastin production for younger-looking skin
- Reducing the appearance of pores
The VI Peel consists of a synergistic blend of five acids that no other peel offers:
- Phenol—has antiseptic and anesthetic properties. Aids in skin penetration.
- Retin-A—acid derived from vitamin A to combat wrinkles.
- Salicylic Acid—this beta hydroxy acid (BHA) is an exfoliant.
- TCA—trichloroacetic acid for penetration. Deep scar healing stimulates collagen growth.
- Vitamin C—ascorbic acid has antioxidant and mild exfoliation properties.
You are our top priority. Vedas’ North Houston office is only 10 minutes from I45 and a step off The Woodlands Parkway. We offer you a free personal consult for Chemical Peels The Woodlands. Our board-certified Medical Director, Dr. Nangrani, wants to meet you. She has practiced for over 15 years.
For more information about Chemical Peels
From our blog: More than aesthetic treatments