ThermiVa The Woodlands
ThermiVa will reclaim, restore, and revive your feminine wellness: get great results with non-surgical vulvovaginal rejuvenation on internal and external areas of the vagina.
Childbirth and the natural aging process cause changes that may affect feminine wellness. A particularly strenuous vaginal childbirth or multiple births can cause stretching of the vagina. The effects of menopause can also cause physical and functional changes, such as excessive dryness. Both conditions can rob women and their partners of their sense of well-being and happiness.
Vedas offers you a customized treatment package of ThermiVa. Book your complimentary consultation for more information and to plan your ThermiVa The Woodlands treatment.
Patients in a recent study reported the ability to resume all activities the same day, including sexual intercourse.
ThermiVa has contributed to improvement in:
- Vaginal laxity (looseness)
- Atrophic vaginitis, an inflammation of the vagina (and outer urinary tract) due to thinning and shrinking of tissues, as well as decreased lubrication. These symptoms are due to a lack of estrogen, most commonly due to the decrease in estrogen that happens naturally during perimenopause and increasingly so in post-menopause. Lack of estrogen can occur during breastfeeding or due to medications intended to decrease estrogen to treat endometriosis, for example.Symptoms can include vaginal soreness and itching, painful intercourse, and bleeding after sexual intercourse. Shrinkage of tissues and loss of flexibility can be extreme enough to make intercourse impossible.
- Stress urinary incontinence due to insufficient strength of the closure of the bladder. Physical changes resulting from pregnancy, childbirth, and menopause often contribute to stress incontinence, which can worsen during the week before the menstrual period. Lowered estrogen levels may lead to lower muscular pressure around the urethra, increasing chances of leakage. The incidence of stress incontinence increases following menopause, similarly because of lowered estrogen levels. In female high-level athletes, effort incontinence occurs in all sports involving abrupt repeated increases in intra-abdominal pressure that may exceed perineal floor resistance.
- Orgasmic dysfunction, when a woman cannot reach orgasm or has trouble reaching orgasm when she is sexually excited.
Many factors can contribute to orgasmic dysfunction, including
- A history of sexual abuse or rape
- Boredom in sexual activity
- Certain prescription drugs, including common drugs used to treat depression, such as fluoxetine (Prozac), paroxetine (Paxil), and sertraline (Zoloft)
- Hormonal disorders, hormone changes due to menopause, and chronic illnesses that affect health and sexual interest
- Fatigue and stress
- Negative attitudes toward sex, often learned in childhood or adolescence
- Shyness or embarrassment about asking for the type of stimulation that works best
- Medical conditions that cause chronic pelvic pain, such as endometriosis
- Medical conditions that affect the nerve supply to the pelvis, such as multiple sclerosis, diabetic neuropathy, and spinal cord injury
How ThermiVa works
ThermiVa is a thermistor-regulated radiofrequency (RF) energy emission device offering great temperature precision and safe, reliable results. It is used for non-surgical dermatological applications in aesthetics, each treatment typically requiring less than 30 minutes.
ThermiVa treatments use temperature controlled radiofrequency energy to gently heat tissue so that women can reclaim, restore, and revive feminine wellness without discomfort or downtime. The ThermiVa electrode is designed to treat the internal and external anatomical features of the vagina.
Our clients are our top priority here at Vedas, located in The Woodlands, Texas. Our North Houston office is conveniently located only 10 minutes from I45 and a step off The Woodlands Parkway. We offer a complimentary consultation to our clients for personalized information on ThermiVa and Vaginal Health and to get acquainted with our board-certified Medical Director, Dr. Nangrani, who has practiced for over 15 years. Please call our office to schedule your consultation.