Skin growth removal The Woodlands
Many people refer to a mole as any dark spot or irregularity in the skin. Doctors use different terms. Skin growth removal depends on the kind of growth. Simple skin tags and moles may be removed. The following types of skin marks are not treated the same way:
- Abnormal formations of blood vessels (hemangiomas)
- Keratoses (benign or precancerous spots, which appear after about age 30 years)
What are skin tags?
Skin tags – Skin tags are small benign tumors that form primarily in areas where the skin forms creases, such as the neck, armpit, and groin. They may also occur on the face, usually on the eyelids. Skin tags are generally harmless and painless, and usually do not grow or change over time. Skin rubbing against skin may cause skin tags to form.
What causes moles?
Moles – Moles, or nevi, are skin overgrowths that contain a high concentration of melanin, and are typically brown or black. You may have them when you are born or develop them throughout life.
- Some people are born with moles, while other moles appear over time.
- Sun exposure seems to play a role in the development of moles and may play a role in the development of atypical, or dysplastic, moles.
- Heredity is a factor. Dysplastic moles may indicate a higher frequency of melanoma or skin cancer in many families.
Skin growth removal
Skin tag and mole removal are simple procedures. We can remove both skin tags and moles by cutting, with or without stitches. Skin tags are not harmful. You need not remove skin tags unless they are irritated or look bad. Call Vedas for a free consult to have any skin growths checked.
You are our top priority here at Vedas, in The Woodlands, Texas. Our North Houston office is only 10 minutes from I45 and a step off The Woodlands Parkway. We offer a free consult for your personal check for skin tags and moles and to get acquainted with our board-certified Medical Director. Dr. Nangrani has practiced for over 15 years. Call our office to schedule your consultation.